I’m 36 Weeks on Friday, but if I don’t post now.. who knows when I’ll get to sit down to do it again!!
Compare to Wyatt at 31 weeks, 32 weeks, 33 weeks, 34 weeks, 35 weeks
- How Big Is Baby: A coconut, S/He’s about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. From here on out, s/he won’t get much longer, but s/he’s plumping up. S/He’s now about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds, and s/he’ll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. Now, his/her hearing is fully developed, and s/he responds best to high-pitched noises. If it’s a boy, his testes have probably fully descended.
- Sleep: What’s sleep? It was a little extra rough this week because Wyatt had a cold and his coughing woke me a few times and comfortable is a word I probably won’t feel until after baby arrives. Still napping.
- Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Lemonade at every meal. And the raspberries are amazing – I’m eating an entire package in one sitting. I can’t eat as much at every meal anymore and TUMS have been added to my evening diet.
- Exercise: Wyatt is almost 3 = exercise.
- Movement: There is definitely less room in there, so the movement is less magical and more foot in the ribs.
- The Belly: Big. Just Big.
- What I’m Loving: Seeing some of my closest friends become mamas in the past couple of weeks. It’s an amazing transition and I’m just overwhelmed with joy for all of them.
- Other Symptoms: I officially had the walking along and felt like my leg might fall out feeling for the first time this past week. Hips are spreading; ouch.
- What I’m Looking Forward to: Meeting this sweet precious baby.
- Best Moment of the Week: Let’s see… pre-natal massage: check. The rug coming for the baby’s room: check. An awesome weekend in the mountains with great friends: check. Seeing a movie in the theater on a birthday date night with the hubs: check. Celebrating Wyatt’s birthday a little early to still ensure it’s special and doesn’t include leaky boobs: check. Seriously though, celebrating Wyatt’s birthday with a Thomas cake and some of his little friends was really special. We have established quite the village in our neighborhood in CO, in addition to those that were already here and it’s so so special. I’m eternally grateful for our loving family and friends. Not sure it gets much better than this. (How was that for a little sappy pregnancy words?)
Eeek – I’m behind, sorry!! Nesting ALL.THE.THINGS. in the entire house is taking precedence over sitting down and writing a blog post. BUT, we have been taking photos!!!
Compare to Wyatt at 28 weeks, 29 weeks, 30 weeks
- How Big Is Baby: A cucumber, at 15.2- to 16.7-inches and 2.5- to 3.8-pounds, baby continues to grow. His/Her skin is getting smoother. But the brain is getting wrinklier — to make way for all that essential brain tissue. He/She’s now strong enough to grasp a finger!
- Sleep: I’ve actually been so tired lately that it’s better? Only up to pee once a night and if I can keep moving to a minimum, both Sadie-lady and I are satisfied until Wyatt’s up.
- Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Holiday baskets. Lemonade. Cuties. Oh and the pineapple was AMAZEBALLS in Puerto Vallarta.
- Exercise: Moving furniture and boxes and organizing, so a lot of stairs over and over again. And when it’s sunny out, some good walks around the block.
- Movement: A lot. Baby is crazy busy in there stretching and dancing or something.
- The Belly: Gorgeous🙂 and a little itchy.
- What I’m Loving: Wyatt talking more and more to the baby and where it will sleep and how it will sit in the car next to him; I can’t wait to see him as a big brother.
- Other Symptoms: Dare I say we’re at a stand-still and everything is status-quo? Feeling good.
- What I’m Looking Forward to: Being with the hubs as things slow down over the holidays (as long as he’s not packing in some last minute powder turns pre-baby)! Oh and scheduling a pre-natal massage (or 10).
- Best Moment of the Week: The past three weeks? Spending our babymoon in Puerto Vallarta. The weather was gorgeous, the ice cream was plentiful, and Arion chased Wyatt the entire time while I sat in a lounge chair. Yes, relaxation. I’ll try to post a babymoon highlights blog soon, to match when we went to the Dominican Republic while I was preg with Wyatt, but no promises for timeliness. Hanukkah was also special with Wyatt really loving the holiday traditions and learning the entire prayer over the candles!
Compare to Wyatt at 27 weeks
- How Big Is Baby: A rutabuga (I don’t even know what that is), at 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, he/she’s not just getting bigger, he/she’s getting smarter. He/She’s practicing inhaling and exhaling with his/her rapidly developing lungs. It’s official: Baby’s showing brain activity! And his/her brain will keep on getting more complex.
- Sleep: Hip and back pain is in full force this week, so even though I’m only up to pee a time or two at night… ouch.
- Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Water. Actually haven’t been that hungry lately so stomach must be starting to be squished. I will eat all the cookies in sight though, so there’s that.
- Exercise: Holy nesting, batman. I’ve been a maniac since the basement was finished. Building furniture, moving toys, moving EVERYTHING. I can’t be stopped… until my back gives out.
- Movement: We’ve reached alien status where you can see baby dancing from the outside.
- The Belly: Big.
- What I’m Loving: Nesting – so much satisfaction to purge, organize, and prepare.
- Other Symptoms: Still some congestion at night.
- What I’m Looking Forward to: Babymoon is coming up (Puerto Vallarta)!
- Best Moment of the Week: Hosting Thanksgiving for the first time in our home. I love having everyone together – we’ve been doing it with the Gercke’s for 30+ years – and it’s still just as special.
Compare to Wyatt at 25 weeks and 26 weeks
- How Big Is Baby: A lettuce, he/she’s growing in the 13.6 to 14.8-inch and 1.5 to 2.5-pound range, and developing senses, features and talents! He/She’s enjoying a new sense of equilibrium – and now knows which way is up and which is down. The eyes are forming, and will soon start to open. And the eyelashes are now grown, too. He/She’s getting its immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up my antibodies and taking breaths.
- Sleep: When I can breath through my nose, things are pretty good, aside from some hip pain in the mornings from only being able to sleep on my sides. And naps are still on point – especially because Wyatt is a reigning champion in that department, too.
- Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Going through Cuties by the minute. Also passed my glucose test last week, so bring on all the candy.
- Exercise: Nesting and moving furniture will count right now, along with walks with some girl friends around the neighborhood.
- Movement: A lot when I’m driving! Funny because I obviously didn’t experience that last time, but it’s crazy. Maybe because it’s all scrunched? Also anytime I sit down.
- The Belly: Baby likes my right side, just like Wyatt did, so it’s often lopsided, but otherwise no major changes.
- What I’m Loving: Movement is seriously my favorite. Also, had lunch with my aunt last week and received our first present for baby #2 – an adorable cow lovie from an adorable boutique in Canada from their latest travel adventure.
- Other Symptoms: Nada.
- What I’m Looking Forward to: More organizing of the babies room, Wyatt’s new playroom, the basement, and my new office. N.E.S.T.I.NG.
- Best Moment of the Week: Celebrating my dad’s birthday with the whole family. Even after 2 (what?!?) years of living back in CO, I still get all giddy that I can be with everyone – especially my two favorite nephews, Wes and Hayes. It’s a crazy-town scene, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Compare to Wyatt at 23 weeks and 24 weeks
- How Big Is Baby: A cantaloupe, our 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week he/she gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world. His/Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque. And it’s got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed. He/She’s listening to my voice and my heartbeat — and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking (cats meowing?).
- Sleep: When I’m asleep it’s amazing. When I’m not I’m peeing. Also, had a nasty cold this past week, which kept me up a little more than normal, but naps made up for it with a vengeance.
- Diet/Cravings/Aversions: ALL THE HALLOWEEN CANDY. Also, sweet and spicy tea and cuties.
- Exercise: Does Trick-or-Treating with a 2.5 year old count?
- Movement: A ton, especially during this cold after a cough-attack, baby thinks it’s a bass beat and really gets going.
- The Belly: Large and low.
- What I’m Loving: Sitting in the evening on the couch with the hub and feeling the babes move all around.
- Other Symptoms: Pretty excellent right now.
- What I’m Looking Forward to: Painting Wyatt’s secret under the stairs hide-out in the basement with chalkboard paint! Don’t worry, I bought a facemask to keep Tagine safe.
- Best Moment of the Week: Halloween was pretty amazing. Wyatt was so into it this year and asks for candy every night after dinner from his pumpkin bucket. Another great moment, when Wyatt got past the croup he had over/after Halloween. That cough is just plain scary. Oh and the family photos we took over the weekend with Wyatt all snuggly on the baby – can’t wait to see how they turn out!
Compare to Wyatt at 21 weeks
- How Big Is Baby: A pomegranate, at 10.5 inches and about 12.7 ounces, he/she’s big enough now that you’ve probably been feeling movements.
- Sleep: A little tossy-turny when baby decides to have a dance party, but otherwise sleeping like
a baby my husband.
- Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Loving on maple brown sugar oatmeal, fruit leathers, and lemonade.
- Exercise: Pumpkin patch shenanigans and building Wyatt’s big boy Ikea bed all by myself one morning while he was at school (which by the way I’m a professional at doing).
- Movement: A ton of big and small movements, Arion can even feel too.
- The Belly: I feel like it’s lower than with Wyatt but that could just be my millionth time to go pee talking.
- What I’m Loving: All the movement and love from family and friends on my belly.
- Worries: Being able to do less and less bending and playing on the floor as I get bigger.
- Other Symptoms: Bloody noses. Didn’t have at all last time, but they are a regular here – not sure if it’s just this pregnancy being different, or being in CO’s dry climate, but it’s certainly a pain.
- What I’m Looking Forward to: Halloween! Wyatt is so freaking excited this year and I’m excited to eat/share his candy.
- Best Moment of the Week: 20-week ultrasound. Nothing beats seeing the baby move and flip around. SO active this time. Also, this morning when I dropped off Wyatt at pre-school and all the kids came running over shouting “Wyatt’s here!!” because they were so excited to see him. They then proceeded to take turns giving him hello hugs. My heart exploded for my sweet boy!