Compare to Wyatt at 27 weeks
- How Big Is Baby: A rutabuga (I don’t even know what that is), at 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, he/she’s not just getting bigger, he/she’s getting smarter. He/She’s practicing inhaling and exhaling with his/her rapidly developing lungs. It’s official: Baby’s showing brain activity! And his/her brain will keep on getting more complex.
- Sleep: Hip and back pain is in full force this week, so even though I’m only up to pee a time or two at night… ouch.
- Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Water. Actually haven’t been that hungry lately so stomach must be starting to be squished. I will eat all the cookies in sight though, so there’s that.
- Exercise: Holy nesting, batman. I’ve been a maniac since the basement was finished. Building furniture, moving toys, moving EVERYTHING. I can’t be stopped… until my back gives out.
- Movement: We’ve reached alien status where you can see baby dancing from the outside.
- The Belly: Big.
- What I’m Loving: Nesting – so much satisfaction to purge, organize, and prepare.
- Other Symptoms: Still some congestion at night.
- What I’m Looking Forward to: Babymoon is coming up (Puerto Vallarta)!
- Best Moment of the Week: Hosting Thanksgiving for the first time in our home. I love having everyone together – we’ve been doing it with the Gercke’s for 30+ years – and it’s still just as special.