Week 21: July 21 – July 27
- First Ferry Ride! We headed to Governor’s Island with friends Kete, Karen, and Tessa and Wyatt experienced his first ferry. The big fog horn that sent us off the dock was VERY scary, but otherwise it was smooth sailing (couldn’t resist).
- I forgot to mention last week that Wyatt met some of my dear friends while we were in CO! Devin, who I’ve known for at least 15 years, stopped by the Pinery Pool with her adorable girls and later that afternoon Lindsay also came by. Lindsay I’ve known since birth. Literally. She’s two weeks older than me. So after 31 years… it’s pretty cool that people who met as babies get to meet the next generation of babies. And to have it all go down where I spent every day of every summer – added bonus. Wyatt also met his my cousin Ilana and her family!! Wyatt’s ‘second cousins’(?) were so loving and wonderful it was a great sight.
- We also spent some quality time with Branma (MIL), Moriah (Arion’s lil sis), Brett (Arion’s lil bro), and Amanda (Brett’s girlfriend)! Pedicures and brunch were involved. SCORE. And it was an extra fancy brunch courtesy of Moriah making a reservation at ABC Cocina, a Jean-Georges restaurant, who just started serving brunch a week ago. The spring pea guacamole was amazing.
- Sleep continues to be a little regressed, but steady with bedtime around 7pm, one middle of the night wake up – or two, and a wake-up around 7am.
- Some consistently longer naps with an occasional day of total chaos and nothing longer than 30 minutes just to keep me on my toes.
- Did I mention that the drool has started? Well, it has. And a lot. And somehow I don’t care when it’s all over my face, neck, hands, and clothing. In fact, it’s sorta adorable.