Week 20: July 14 – July 20
- Majority of the week was spent in CO to celebrate our dear friends’ wedding! A huge congrats to Whitney and Grant! During the festivities, Wyatt stayed at my parents house with his new best friends Lisa and Gordon! He loves them so much, he didn’t want to go to sleep. And I don’t blame him, I love them, too.
- It was also Wyatt’s first time celebrating his Uncle Danny and Gigi’s birthdays! Unfortunately, he didn’t get to have the amazing ice cream cupcakes that the rest of the family did, but he’s looking forward to next year.
- Sleep was off this week, due to the travel and time change, but naps were still on point. We’re even moving towards two long naps, one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and a short catnap around lunch.
- Wyatt loves his feet! If he’s on his back, they are in his grasp. And who doesn’t love a little back of the thigh view!?!
- Since birth, Wyatt’s right tear duct has been a little bit blocked, causing a mini tear to be present throughout the day. At some point in the past week, it cleared! The tear never seemed to bother him, except that I constantly wiped it 🙂 so, I think he is happy to not have mom all over him with that… who am I kidding, I’m still all over him!
- Tummy time lasts longer and longer and if he’s on the boppy, he can hang all day it seems.
- Toys that we’ve had since the beginning are far more interesting now to Wyatt as he feels the texture… in his mouth! Everything and anything goes in the mouth, so it’s pretty slobbery over here, but somehow I just find it endearing.
- And it happened – I was trimming Wyatt’s fingernails and nicked his right thumb. Wyatt barely flinched, but, of course, I felt like the worst mom of the year. It took a little while to stop bleeding, so the subsequent nap included some blood on his pjs 😦 First time for everything!