Week 18: June 30 – July 6
- First 4th of July!
- First swim in a lake!
- Thankfully Wyatt was mostly over his cold by mid-week, aside from a stuffy nose and occasional coughing because we had this 4 month appointment/shots. The day was uneventful with some help of Tylenol and extra snuggles.
- On Wednesday we headed to the Berkshires with Arion’s parents, siblings, significant others, and Grandma Ruth! We had an amazing time in Great Barrington, MA where we went to Tanglewood and saw Jackson Browne with special guest Sara Watkins, relaxed by the lake, had delicious meals cooked my chef Brett and Amanda, and enjoyed the outdoors. Wyatt did wonderfully in the car ride, sleeping 99% of the time, with only a small break to eat.
- Wyatt is active as ever flailing his arms and kicking his legs. He also likes to sit with our support and even stand and bounce for a few seconds at a time.
- Nursing is a full body sport as Wyatt gets distracted easily and likes to look around, chat, and smile during his meal. I don’t mind it much as most of the giggles are just for me, but it does take a bit longer to finish.
- Sleep is …. 4 month regression. Holy wakeful periods and a tired mama. Wyatt still goes ~7 hours without eating, but that doesn’t mean sleeping now… he wakes up, whines, wants his pacifier, etc. in between. We’re getting through with his ability to still nap like a champion. These naps were critical on Monday of last week when I was so under the weather, I actually laid down every time he did. Moms don’t get sick days.
- Eyes are still blue and as his hair starts to grow back in, it’s light brown, which is quite different than the dark locks he started with.. we’ll see!!