Week 16: June 16 – June 22
- The hand/thumb sucking continues, but never at night Blankets are also a favorite delicacy, along with stroller straps.
- Wyatt is constantly kicking/flailing/moving, as evidenced by this weeks’ photo.
- There is a new excited shriek/scream to his vocabulary, which is hard on the ears, but we love it as only parents can. Wonder how it will go over on our future airplane travels…
- Wyatt’s grabbing is more and more consistent and now includes my hair, which should explain the fact that I will never be wearing it down again.
- Wyatt had his first mini diaper rash this week. Sad. BUT, it didn’t seem to bother him at all and it was nothing that a little Butt Paste and Aquaphor couldn’t clear up right away.
- Bedtime is pretty easy as we stick to our routine, sometimes starting 30 minutes earlier/later depending on our day, Wyatt’s naps, and his mood. Either way, by the time we finish, he’s out like a light within seconds (crying and whining not included).
- Sleep during the night on the other hand remains unpredictable, aside from his first stretch which has been 7-8 hours between meals. After that 2am timeframe, it’s all up for grabs, but playtime usually begins around 6am. Whether he wakes up once (or several times) in the middle for his pacifier or not, is a surprise each night.
- Naps are still his strong suit, happening after he’s been awake about 2 hours. They range from 45 min to 2 hours, but he’s always smiley and excited when he wakes up. Oh and they can happen in the crib, stroller, or carrier – he’s not picky.
- The biggest event was celebrating Arion’s first father’s day. We took a long walk along the east river, had a delicious lunch at Heidelberg, and spent lots of time snuggling the reason we can celebrate this holiday.
- This past week also included meeting some new moms in an UES moms group in Carl Schurz Park, lunch with Karen and baby Tessa, playtime with Jordana and Wyatt’s bff Benjamin, a Fuzzy Lemons concert with Caitlin, Richard, and little Wilson, and a Theta brunch with Lisa and Megten.