Week 15: June 9 – June 15
- We officially have a thumb sucker. We noticed in all of my ultrasounds that he was constantly sucking and we started to see it with the hands in the mouth the past couple of weeks, but this week, Thursday specifically, just the thumb went into his mouth (as opposed to the entire fist, or both hands at the same time) and suck, suck, suck. So far, Wyatt doesn’t favor one hand over the other, but it started with the left. Hopefully this means no more pacifier runs at 3am? Not sure which is better.. a pacifier that you can take away, but requires nighttime marathons across the apartment, or the thumb, which MAY lead to more sleep for me, but I can’t take it away when the time comes…. thoughts?
- Wyatt continues to bat, grab, and reach for anything within eye-sight. This also includes holding on to our shirts, etc. when snuggling – love that.
- There’s also a new crabby part of the day that begins around 5/530 and lasts until bedtime at 7. Our bedtime routine (bath, massage, books, nursing) helps a lot once it begins, so I highly recommend that to new mamas.
- Sleep. Oh, unpredictable, sleep. This past week Wyatt did his longest stretch yet, from 7pm to 4am!!! Granted, I woke up a lot to see if that little belly was rising and falling, but still, amazing! And after nursing, he slept again until 6, and then napped from 7:30 to 9:30am. That’s right, a TWO HOUR nap. Both of those things, have not happened again since. In fact, since them we’ve gone from 7-4, to 7-3, to 7-2, to 7-1:30am. Boo. This regression has also meant a wake-up time of 5am instead of 6 or 7am, YAY. Someone please tell me the secret to a consistently sleeping baby.
- This past week we had a few play dates with Wyatt’s friend Benjamin, even one that took us to Queens. Wyatt’s first time across that bridge with mommy driving; he liked it. We also saw Branma (Arion’s mom), had a Skype date with Lisa, lunch with Jen, brunch with Uncle Brett, and some playtime in Washington Square Park. Wyatt is truly a social butterfly already and such a good boy during meals.
- This stuff just keeps getting better (until he breaks me with his tactics of exhaustion…)