Week 14: June 2 – June 8
- Anything that comes close to or touches Wyatt’s hands, he immediately grabs! Blankets, lovies, toys, necklaces, shirts, etc. Those little hands are busy getting stronger and more coordinated and it’s amazing to watch.
- Wyatt is also reaching out and grabbing for items he wants to hold. You can see his brain working as you show him a toy and he realizes he can make the same crinkle or jingle sound you are, by hitting/grabbing it himself. And then the joy on his face when he does it – melt.
- If his hands aren’t grabbing, they are in his mouth. Period.
- Coo’s are getting louder and higher in pitch and occur all.time.time. We love his voice!
- The chub continues to be just plain edible, which means that many/most of his 0-3 month clothing is officially too small (tear). I have yet to pack it away because I know the waterworks will start… that and I have no idea where I’m going to store it in our non-storage apartment. Yikes!!
- Wyatt has lost the typical ring of hair on the back of his head, so he resembles an adorable old man, but has still managed to keep his authentic mohawk, which the ladies at new moms group can’t get enough of.
- Sleep is getting better and better. He now consistently sleeps from about 7pm to 2am-ish, and then again until 5am for a short snack before going back to sleep and officially starting his day around 7am. Mama LOVES.
- Naps are touch and go. Sometimes we’re lucky if we get 30 minutes at a time, sometimes they surpass an hour. It’s still three naps a day for this little munchkin, which moms uses the time to pee, eat, and sometimes even SHOWER. It’s all glamour and riches over here, folks. But if you saw the laughing and experienced the snuggles, you’d be MORE than ok with it, too.
- This past week we had some play dates with Jordana and Benjamin, a lunch date with dad, and a trip to the park with Caitlin and Wilson.
- The biggest milestone of this week was that Wyatt applied for his first passport on Saturday!! The picture taking process at the post office was quite hysterical as we (Arion) had to hold him up against the white backdrop without any hands, fingers, etc. showing. Just a Wyatt face. Wyatt, of course, dressed for the occasion in a new outfit and is VERY photogenic. Here’s his mug shot… #hedidntdoit