Week 13: May 26 – June 1
- Wyatt’s first Memorial Day!! We went to our friends’ BBQ to celebrate and Wyatt watched mom eat a hot dog.
- Wyatt also went to the farm for the first time to celebrate his Great Aunt Marsha’s life – it was mom’s first time there, as well (the farm is Aunt Leslie and Uncle Mike’s house in MD, where they own a bazillion acres with a tree farm and river running through). Marsha’s daughters (dad’s cousins) Chrystie and Kym planned the celebration and it was an amazing tribute to the loving and generous woman she was, who was taken from us to soon.
- Two 5 hour stretches of sleeping!!! This has meant a few early mornings at 5am (4:51am???), when he doesn’t do an additional 1-2 hour stretch at the end, but I’m a proud mama who is watching her baby boy grow and learn to sleep for longer intervals.
- Wyatt is a nap champion. He takes an hour nap in the morning, a 1.5-2 hour nap in the middle of the day, and another hour nap in the afternoon. Blessed. (Now that this is in writing, I’m sure tomorrow he won’t nap for longer than 20 minutes at a time, ha!)
- He also coo’s and talks, constantly. He has so much to say and often expresses how much he loves a facial expression, stuffed animal, or song, with a shriek! Although ear piercing at times… it’s our new favorite sound in the world.
- I learned the art of infant massage this week at moms group when a trained masseuse came in to teach us and we have now added that to our bedtime routine, post-bath. Wyatt seems to LOVE it, especially on his back and legs… takes after mom and dad, I guess.
- Ordered size TWO diapers this week… size one can no longer contain the thighs… and sometimes the poops – holy explosions!
- Wyatt is showing us which lovies he prefers and still sleeps with his arms and legs all spread out.
- Eyes are still BLUE!!! Check out this heartbreaker I took over the weekend…