(busy weekend = Monday post on a Tuesday night)
Week 12: May 19 – May 25
- This week involved a lot of rain. Walking to brunch and home in the rain, walking back from moms group in a total downpour, etc. BUT I am officially a pro at any rainstorm and getting Wyatt out without a drop on him. Me on the other hand.. well, who cares about me 🙂
- Wyatt went to Hill Country to have lunch with his friend Tessa this past week. Tessa’s mother, Karen, and I, were also invited.
- He also had a lunch with Jen Pack at Patsy’s Pizzeria and lunch with Benjamin, which again, his mom Jordana, and I, were allowed to attend.
- At moms group, Wyatt showed off by rolling from his belly to his back for all to see… and cheer for. I, of course, tried to get him to do it again on video and he refused.
- Friday kicked off Sandy and Bobby’s wedding weekend, which included the first time he went to sleep at night without mom or dad. Arion’s parents took wonderful care, of course, and I survived. Saturday, Wyatt had another great day with dad and Branma and Big Guy, while I had a great time getting ready with Sandy and the girls for her big day. First time having to pump every two hours while I got ready for a wedding, but it was so very worth it to see the gorgeous bride marry her soul mate (more on that in another post) at The Garrison.
- Wyatt continues to grab for toys on his activity map and is constantly trying to fit his entire hand in his mouth, drool and all.
- Sleeping is going pretty well again with a 4-5 hour stretch first, then another 4 hour stretch, and then whatever is left until about 6:15am when we’re up for the day. Over the weekend while we were in a new place, he woke up a lot in between those 4 hour meals, but since we’ve been home, he’s shimmied right back into the habit. Surprisingly I’m still tired, but that could be because I still wake up at the 2 hour mark to make sure he’s alive/breathing. #momproblems.
- Wyatt still loves Hello Everybody and If You’re Happy And You Know It, first thing in the morning and is getting more and more vocal all day long. We get quite a few belly laughs throughout the day, as well.
- Hiccups are happening less and less frequently, along with the double-sneeze, and his hair is starting to grow back in. Cutest little soft baby hair I’ve ever seen.
- The cats are taking more of an interest daily (see Sadie-Lady below) as they realize he’s here to stay and if they want snuggles they better make it happen themselves. This also leads to a lot of cats sleeping on our pillows, but I’ll take that, too.
- Also, anything in reach, is grabbed. Blankets, shirts, fabric, etc. If it’s near his fist, it’s in his fist.