Week 11: May 12 – May 18
- Started Cry It Out (CIO) on the evening of May 17th
- Discovery: Hands in the mouth!
- Favorite songs: If You’re Happy and You Know It, Twinkle Twinkle, You Are My Sunshine, Wheels on the Bus, Hello Everybody
- Loves to play “How Big Is Wyatt”
- My mother’s day present of a 5 hour stretch, then 4, then 3… was a one-time thing. The rest of the past week was rough. Barely sleeping an hour at a time, all night long. Hence, crying it out.
- CIO. Holy moly torture. Approach-calm after 3, 5, 8, 10, 15 minutes.
- Night 1 (5/17):
- Put in crib: 7:30pm… 21 minutes of playing, 33 minutes of crying/wailing/mom crying, asleep at 8:24pm. Up again at 9:16pm, CIO, asleep at 9:27pm (11 minutes). Up again at 10:19pm, CIO, asleep at 10:29pm (10 minutes). Slept until 12:17pm. Regular eating every two hours for second half of the night, no crying.
- Night 2 (5/18) – was a fluke:
- Put in crib: 6:51pm… no crying, asleep at 7:30pm. Slept until 11:07pm. Up again at 1:33am, CIO, asleep at 1:57pm (24 minutes). Regular eating every two hours for last segment of the night, no crying.
- Night 3 (5/19):
- Put in crib: 6:17pm… 13 minutes of playing, 48 minutes of on and off crying/torture, asleep at 7:18pm. Slept until 10:06pm, 12:29am, 4:33am, 6:50am, all no crying, just eating :).
- Wyatt’s definitely learning to self-soothe… more to come this week.
- Doesn’t HATE tummy time anymore! Could be that he sucks on his hand for most of the time, but he’s also getting much stronger and more vocal while playing on his belly.
- We put him in the bumbo for the first time as a joke, he actually thought it was hysterical, too!
- Still getting the hiccups a few times a day, poor buddy! Hope he grows out of that soon, but otherwise stops getting bigger… he’s already changed so much!!