Week 9: April 28 – May 4
- Slept for a 7 hour stretch this week! It only happened once and there was the panic again to make sure he was still breathing, but yay!
- More and more full open-mouthed smiles and shoulder shakes in response to mom and dad; amazing how I’ll sing Twinkle Twinkle down the street now just to get that grin!
- And if we stop smiling for a minute, Wyatt will stick his tongue out to get our attention!
- Wyatt is finding his hands more and more and is starting to grasp hold of a toy if placed close enough – he can also be found touching his face or playing with his hair throughout the day.
- Wyatt is now sometimes awake in the stroller! He’s still no match for long walks, but if he’s not hungry or tired, we get a sweet face to look at as we walk (now trip) down the street.
- We spent some quality time in central park on a play date on Thursday, had lunch out with Dad on Friday, celebrated our friend Tessa’s 6-month birthday also on Friday, met my dear friend Beth on Saturday (and had a picnic in the park with Jake and Tammy) who was visiting from Baltimore, and took some really awesome 1, 2, and even 3 hour naps!!
- This boy is growing and learning and changing faster than we can bear, but we’re loving each new, small, and big moment. Being a parent is the greatest gift.