Week 8: April 21 – 27
- To get it out of the way.. the sad part… Wyatt is starting to outgrow 0-3 month onesies – they’re too short in length – so the above is his first weekly shot in a 3-6m size. Granted I’ve heard that Gerber runs small, but still.. he’s already growing up too fast!!
- On the plus side, growing means coo’ing non-stop. Different tones, sounds, lengths – keeps me amazed constantly.
- He also is finding his own laugh, with full shoulder shakes and a big breath in the middle; baby belly laughs are the best.
- AND if you stick your tongue out, he’ll mimic it!
- Slept for a 5 hour stretch this week! It only happened once and then we were back to 4 hours for the first stretch, but aside from waking up in a panic and checking if he was still breathing, it was glorious.
- Wyatt starting rubbing his eyes when tired, which I know is a sign that he’s already OVER-tired according to books everywhere, but it’s pretty darn cute.
- We went out to dinner in a crowded restaurant for the first time and went to brunch with friends for the first time – both went well. Wyatt fell asleep on the way to dinner and was conked out the entire meal. We were even able to transfer him back to the crib when we got home and he continued sleeping!!! Brunch was just as smooth, with me nursing while we waited for our food and as soon as Arion finished (he eats like a speed-racer), he snuggled Wyatt while I could eat. Working things out!!
- Wyatt is tracking his toys and our faces when we move side-to-side and/or up and down. It also seems that he can see farther and farther away and is especially fascinated with shadows and light patterns.
- I gave Wyatt a bath solo for the first time this week, milestone for me really, not Wyatt – but still… a FIRST.
- During tummy time, Wyatt is finding his fists to suck on.. might have a thumb sucker in the works, but for now.. still only pacifiers.
- Funny moment of the week was at the moms group on Thursday when Wyatt got fresh with a little lady and kept putting his hand up her dress… silly boy – we’re in trouble already!!