What, you thought I’d let a weekly post about Tuk Tuk just vanish without a replacement?! Ok, Ok, I know I’m more predictable than that… so I brainstormed and here we are. Not sure exactly what this post will include each week, but it will definitely have photos of our newest family member and hopefully some “milestones” so it can stay true to the name. I also will be attempting to take weekly photos, but I’m definitely no pro, so let’s hope they stay a little consistent.. and if not, just be excited I’m posting photos for your viewing pleasure.
Hopefully this will be the only time I’m behind and have to include two weeks in one post, but considering the glimpse I’ve had into motherhood so far, I’m not going to hold myself to that expectation, either. So let’s just hope I can get up some info, so we remember all the great moments and hard ones too, as we embark on this new adventure.
Without further ado…
(note: the stuffed animal in the photos was Arion’s as a baby!)
Week 1: March 2 – 9
- Wyatt’s birthday kicked off his first week with love from all around. I’ll blog his “birth story” another time, but you already know how it ends. We spent an uneventful 2 nights in the hospital to recover and then headed home, on Monday March 4.
- My parents stayed with us for the week (and my mom continued on for another), which was a true blessing. Especially since I can now fully understand how deep their love goes for me… I thought I knew… and yet I learned quickly, that I had no idea.
- My sister was also here for the weekend and as always, her support and sense of humor were exactly what I needed.
- Basically… new mom hormones = a lot of crying out of gratitude for how wonderful my life is.
- Week 1 was full of learning for both mom, dad, and Wyatt, but every day we realized just how much instinct we already had within us.
- March 9 was Wyatt’s bris. It was a beautiful ceremony and one so important to our families. Thankfully, the mohel we chose was a true blessing and Wyatt was completely oblivious to the process – then again, wine is pretty powerful stuff.
- Also on March 9, Wyatt lost his umbilical cord, leaving a perfect little belly button in its place (you will see an overarching theme here… Wyatt is perfect in every way).
- Wyatt met so many of our “village” this week and we are forever grateful for the love that surrounds us.
Week 2: March 10-16
- Week 2 continued with some hard goodbyes (dad and Melissa) and many firsts, too.
- On Sunday, March 10, we took our first walk as a family, just up to the park across the street and back, but it was a milestone for sure.
- On Tuesday, March 12, Wyatt had his first bath.
- On Wednesday, March 13, we walked to and from the pediatrician’s office instead of taking a cab… longest walk for me, since he arrived.
- On Saturday, March 16, little buddy weighed in at 7lb 12.5oz. and both Arion and I wore him in the Beco for the first time!
- The love continues to pour in from family and friends (another theme I see happening) and although I’m behind on thank you notes (it’s on the to-do list), we hope they know how much we appreciate each and every wish. And on the same note, I’m also behind on returning phone calls, texts, emails, facebook posts, etc… but I promise, the love is definitely NOT going unnoticed… Thank you.
Until next week…
(I’m working on more photo posts, but have about 1000 pictures already, so need to sort through…)