I have been absolutely behind on updating you about our Vietnam/Cambodia vacation this spring!!! I last left you here, with our detailed day-to-day itinerary. At that point all of our flights and hotels had been booked.
As a reminder, this is our itinerary:
- Hanoi – Silk Path Hotel (2 nights)
- Ha Long Bay – Bhaya Cruise (2 nights)
- Danang – Furama Resort (4 nights)
- Ho Chi Ming City (Saigon) – Liberty Central Hotel (3 nights)
- Siem Reap – Somadevi Angkor Hotel (2 nights)
- Heidelberg, Germany – Casa de Miller (2 nights)
Since then, I’ve booked the following tours with Get Your Guide:
- City tour in Hanoi: Hochiminh complex, Temple of Literature, Sword lake area and Old Quarter
- City tour in Ho Chi Minh City: Cu Chi Tunnels, Notre Dame Cathedral, Old Post Office, Re-unification Palace, War Remnant Museum, Ben Thanh Market
- Boat ride on the Mekong Delta: Island tour (Unicorn, Turtle Islands), Tropical fruits garden + bee farm + coconut candy workshop, Motor and rowing boats
- Tour of Angkor Wat: Angkor Wat Temple including Sunset , Angkor Thom Temple – Ancient Capital of the Khmer Kingdom, Ta Promh Temple – Fascinating Jungle Temple
What we’ll also see/do while we’re there
- Water Puppet Show in Hanoi
- RELAX and do Thai Chi in the mornings on a Junk Ship in Halong Bay
- RELAX and stare at the ocean in Danang
- Have dinner with friends in Ho Chi Ming City
- Cruise on Tonle Sap Lake in Siem Reap
- Have dinner with traditional dance in Siem Reap
- MEET UP WITH THE MILLERS in Germany on our way back!!
Next up – PACKING. I’m already hyperventilating!! Recommendations please!!