This year, I didn’t take a single photo on my camera, so Thanksgiving will be brought to you by bullets and iPhone photos – Enjoy!
- We headed into Philadelphia on Wednesday night to see the Broadway Musical, Billy Elliot, at the Academy of Music theater.
- Arion ran the Philadelphia Turkey Trot on Thursday (5 miles in 35 minutes – AMAZING!) with his Uncle Michael and cousin David (who came in first overall at 24:25 – yea, he’s one of those ACTUAL runners and also writes a hysterical blog)
- We then proceed to eat WAY too much delicious food. all. day.
- I made my mom’s famous Sweet Potato Pie…. and drank wine.
- Friday, we enjoyed the gorgeous weather (read: boys went for a bike ride, my MIL and I went to get Pedi’s)
- We also played scrabble (you’re reading the words of the reigning champion!!)
- We came back to the city Friday night and picked up some sandwiches of the healthy variety and caught up on Modern Family, Parenthood, and Glee
- Saturday we had brunch at Mumbles and then met our friend from DC, Chris, at the Bryant Park holiday shops (3rd year in a row!)
- Thai food from Spice and the movie, Limitless, followed (v. good – bonus: Bradley Cooper is freaking HOT, especially when he speaks French)
- Sunday we had brunch at an easy favorite, Le Pain Quotidien, followed by 4 hours of trying to find a pair of freaking plain black leggings that aren’t $50
- Leggings found at UNIQLO…. get home to find out they’re see-thru and non-returnable. Awesome.
- Sunday night: Fatties on the Couch
And there you have it – Thanksgiving. A thank-you to Barbara and Richard for providing good food, a new comfy bed, funny company, and challenging scrabble competition!
Also, I want to give a shout-out to my amazing sis, Melissa, who hosted Thanksgiving in CO this year at her house for the first time. Go Melissa!!!
Next year in CO!!