That’s right. The trailer is out for The Hunger Game movie. I’m dying.
See for yourself (thanks Brett!):
————— Now on to our visit to AZ —————
This past weekend we visited Grandma Ruth in Arizona and it was wonderful. She’s also now subscribed to my blog, so a big shout out to Grandma Ruth – HI GRANDMA!!
What we did:
- We started off on the plane at 7am (sleepy wife) on Friday morning and passed the time with a Sons of Anarchy marathon
- When we landed, Grandma took us to see the new bridge installed over the Tempe Town Lake Dam
- We spent the rest of the day at the Desert Botanical Garden during a Chiles and Chocolate event. We had Chicken Mole’, Green Chili, and an assortment of chocolate from local vendors – it was even more delicious than it sounds
- We headed to dinner at Jalapeno Inferno; authentic Mexican food = pure heaven
- The first day ended off perfectly with me beating both Grandma Ruth AND Arion at Scrabble while eating Grandma’s famous cookies – that will go in the memory books for a lifetime
- Saturday we had breakfast at home and then went to Grandma’s brain exercise class: 7 Steps to Boost Memory. It was a really interesting session about the brain and exercises to do to improve your memory. I took notes.
- After lunch at the café, we headed on a hike in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve Trails
- Grandma is quite the hiker and wore us out, so we went back to take a nap
- Saturday night we ate in the dining room, which was extra special. You get a soup, salad, app, entrée, vegetable, and dessert! It was over the top delicious, plus it was fun to get dressed up and have a fancy dinner.
- We came back to play Scrabble again and Grandma, admitting that she was tired the night before, proceeded to school both Arion and me – but we all remember, as it’s documented above, I beat her once!!
- Sunday morning we played ping pong; and when I say played ping pong, I mean got beaten by Grandma Ruth and all of her friends. They are seriously good.
- After sweating it out, we went to brunch! Just like dinner the night before, it was a limitless amount of food. Happy Hubs.
- Following eating our weight in delicious food, we lounged outside in the sun and read a bit before having to head to the airport
- Overall, it was a wonderful mini-vacation!
Grandma Ruth, we miss you already and are so grateful to have spent that time together. We love you!!